Tuesday, July 25, 2017

About me

Backstory


     Hello! My name is John Kiser. I'm currently a college student going for a degree in English. I'm from a small town in northern Florida. I have a lovely girlfriend and a baby on the way. I played in various bands over the years as a drummer, and have a side hobby of music production. You can find some of my tunes here. Gaming wise, I started playing video games when I was about 5 or 6 which eventually led me to role playing games and GMing, or being a referee, whatever your flavor.

     After High School I began working odd jobs and doing random things an 18 year old would do. About 2 years later, I enlisted into the United States Army. From there I deployed to Afghanistan and had the time of my life, for better or worse. 

     After a few rough years in the Army, I finally decided to leave and pursue a different more relaxed lifestyle. I didn't like the high stresses that the job offered, so I never reenlisted. Being a gamer and musician at heart, it just wasn't a good fit. 

    This all lead up to the present. I wanted to start this blog for a while now to give my experiences as a GM/DM/referee. I feel that I can add to the hobby in various ways that others can take from. I'll include all my fuck-ups(that I can remember), the things that I find are the most fun and the things I find the most important when it comes to running a game. 

     Happy gaming and thank you for those of you that took the time to read this! Also, look forward to me updating fairly frequently. I'm currently working on a campaign diary for my west marches experiences and how I hacked the 5e ruleset to give it more of an OSR feel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment